Find and rate beers like this on the Tavour app!
A Note on This Beer
The Lowdown: Unless you’re in Oregon, you’ll need a treasure map to find this rich, rum-soaked “Tropical Stout” brewed with real toasted coconut. Hold your coconuts, we’ve captured the delicious loot for you! Packed in easily-stowed 16oz cans, Santiam’s 8% ABV Rum Barrel-Aged Pirate Stout doesn’t hornswaggle around.
- Acclaim: This coconut dream won Gold at the 2017 Oregon Beer Awards!
- Brewery location: Salem, OR -- where even the witches fill their cauldrons with this scrumptious brew!
- What it tastes like: Molten brownie sundae topped with Mounds candy bars (drenched in Sailor Jerry-spiked coffee for extra wind in your sails).
- Biggest surprise: It’s a rum barrel-aged coconut Stout… in a pint can?! Yarr must be trippin’!
- All the mouthfeels: Such a smooth, silky fudge-like splendor led Instagram user @sheisaheathen to say, “This is giving me a mouthgasm! Oh my delicious coconut.”
- How You’ll Feel While Drinking: As happy as Captain Jack Sparrow in a Barbados distillery where the rum is never gone.
- Recommended Recreation: Create a new drinking game called Walk the Plank! Whoever’s got the gall to walk the diving board blindfolded at your pool party gets rewarded with a swig of Pirate’s Stout from a hollowed-out coconut.
- Reminds Us Of: New Holland - Dragon’s Milk Reserve Coconut Rum Barrel Stout -- but much more affordable!