Tuckered Out Stout
Logsdon Farmhouse Ales
Find and rate beers like this on the Tavour app!
A Note on This Beer
The Lowdown: Logsdon wanted to flex their brewing muscles after picking up this year’s Oregon’s Small Brewery of the Year Award. So they whipped up Tuckered Out Stout, an 11.8% ABV bourbon barrel-aged Belgian cocoa dream. Then they served it at the Beer Festival of Dark Arts -- it promptly re-routed every attendee to their mile-long tasting line.
- The Numbers: 400 Festival Tickets were sold; 2,000 people weaseled their way in for a sip. Word on the street is that Tuckered Out was gone in 45 minutes!
- Brewery Bling: Logsdon could fill barrels with awards -- including 2 GABFs for barrel-aged beer.
- You Can’t Get it There: You’ll need more than muscles to land a taste of this beer -- this Fort Hood brewery doesn’t even have a taproom yet. And good luck finding this beer anywhere but here -- only 57 cases were made!
- Barrel-Aged Boss: Aged for 15 months in Heaven Hill Select Barrels, you’ll smell that unmistakable drunken-raisin, Bourbon flavor right off the bat. Belgian cacao nibs morph from red wine tannins into sweet and rich brown-sugar chocolate as it slides down your throat.
- Fizz me More: After over a year in the barrel, this Stout is delightfully fizzy -- another sneaky way Logsdon hides the skyrocketing ABV!
- Reminds us of: A traditional Belgian Quad -- until it gets that boozy caramel 11.8% ABV kick-in-the-pants!
- Recommended Recreation: Get a pint of the richest vanilla ice cream you can find, kick back into your most comfortable chair, and ignore your phone as you lick into perfectly-paired dessert Stout bliss.