Plead the Fifth Imperial Stout
Dark Horse Brewing Co.
Find and rate beers like this on the Tavour app!
A Note on This Beer
We made a list of the things we wanted in our perfect dark beer, and Dark Horse Plead The 5th Imperial Stout encompasses all of them.
1. Check off one more of Paste Magazine’s 100 American Craft Beers Every Beer-Lover Should Drink off the list.
2. A perfect 100 rating on RateBeer.
3. An 11% ABV.
4. Aromas that make my nose glow with warm smells of sugar plums and dark fruity roasted Ethiopian coffee dancing off the glass of Plead The 5th.
5. The flavors bing-bang-bounce out the bottle with rich notes of an 85% cocoa dark chocolate bar with hints of bing cherries and French roast coffee.
6. I mean, it really jingles my bells with raisins, coffee cake, and licorice swimming in a pool of dark chocolate liquor around the tongue.
7. It’s dark as coal. This pitch-black Russian Imperial Stout was made by a brewery with Dark in their name for crying out loud.
Make sure you get what you really want out of a bucket list worthy dark beer, but don’t be too loud about it or everyone will want their share too. If anyone asks-- just Plead The 5th.
Plead The 5th is Rated 100 on RateBeer!
Dark Horse Brewing - Plead The 5th - $9.99 for 2x 12oz bottlesStyle: Russian Imperial Stout, ABV: 11%