Hate Sits Alone
New Anthem Beer Project
Find and rate beers like this on the Tavour app!
About This Beer
This barrel aged stunner from New Anthem is a Blended Old Ale composed of 60% The Path I Fear — a roasty, malty Imperial Stout — aged for 14 months in Weller and Buffalo Trace barrels. The other 40% is their Broken Tree Barleywine, aged for 23 months in Willet Rye barrels.
Hate Sits Alone is more than the sum of its parts. It’s dark and rich, with heady notes of bakers chocolate and coffee on the nose. Each sip weaves together the dried fruit complexity of fig and prune with savory tobacco and vinous tannins. It finishes oaky, with the sweet, smooth, slightly spicy flavor of rye.