A Note on This Beer
With all of the overwhelming praise flooding the internet for Big Big Trouble Imperial Stout with Coffee, it was so hard to narrow it down to just a few quotes. So, we went with several:
- “Fantastic coffee and caramel with over-the-top malty goodness.” @Ryan C.
- “Deceptively smooth at 12% [ABV].” @ Marty B.
- “Pitch black. Deep coffee smell. Flavor is coffee and almost a cinnamon-like flavor… Love it. Great beer!” @DVMin98
- “Loved this. Chocolatey dust hangs on the tongue!” @CCC
- “So thick, smooth, roasty and delicious. I'll sleep well tonight.” @Johnny H.
- “I'm not sure I've ever had a more well-balanced coffee stout. This was amazing.” @KRH 1.
The masterminds behind this dark beauty are HopFly Brewing Co., a.k.a. the rising Eastern North Carolina brewery that PorchDrinking.com and The Denver Post call a “must try.” Today marks their first time on Tavour!
To craft Big Big Trouble, the brewers use a specialty coffee blend from Counter Culture Coffee. As you can see from the quotes above — just a small sampling of all the fans going gaga for this silky-thick 12% ABV Imperial Stout — the results are darn impressive!
Ready to get into some Big Big Trouble?
Rated 4.27 on Untappd!
Add your rating on the Tavour app.
Like smooth dark chocolate.
Delicious and smooth. Chocolate and coffee with a little sweetness. Will order again but keep in the cellar for awhile
Raspberry, blueberry upfront, caramel sweet, smooth chocolate and coffee. Awesome.
Solid Stout for the Strength
Perfect 5. Everything you'd want in a big, bold, bad, boozy coffee stout. Very nice. Nice caramel notes to round off great roasty coffee flavors.