A Note on This Beer
After scouring through thousands of UT rankings, one Reddit user compiled a list of the definitive, #1 beer from each of the 50 states. Idaho’s champion was Crooked Fence’s Sins of our Fathers Imperial Stout, but the brewery’s diehard fans let us in on a little secret: you ain’t tried nothin’ until you get a taste of the Barrel-Aged edition of Sins of our Fathers.
- Acclaim: It’s one of the Top 50 Beers in Idaho, period. (BA)
- Brewery Location: Garden City, ID, where it’s almost completely surrounded by big brother city, Boise. Garden City is considered a hotbed of artistic expression - which inevitably includes delicious artisan good beer.
- What it tastes like: Imagine an imperial Stout -- then imagine it spike it with Kahlua, but extra smoother -- then imagine it spiked again with a tipple of whiskey. That’s the spirit!
- Biggest surprise: It's so dang smooth, you won’t believe the 9.5% ABV written on the bottle is right. It’s deceptive, almost evil (in the best possible way). How has this beer been stuck in Idaho until now?!
- All the Mouthfeels: Best summed up in two delicious words -- chocolate silk.
- How You’ll Feel While Drinking: I said it was evil, and I meant it. You’re gonna need a couch fast cause this ABV is super sneaky. Laying down just got so much more delicious.
- Recommended Recreation: We suggest pairing it with your favorite barrel-aged Stout to see how it compares. You’ll soon agree with our observation that Idaho’s got it made.
- Reminds Us Of: North Coast’s Old Rasputin or Fremont’s BA Dark Star.