A Note on This Beer
The Lowdown: When Rodenbach stopped releasing their world-class, cherry-filled Alexander Flanders Red for 15 years, Sour Ale fanatics went berserk -- bottles were going for upwards of $1000 on the craft trading black market! Today you can taste what all the fuss is about with this crown jewel of Rodenbach’s Belgian brewing legacy.
- Acclaim: Alexander is the #3 Ranked Flanders Red in the World (BA) and earns a stellar 97 Judge’s Rating on The Beer Connoisseur.
- Brewery location: Roeselare, Belgium, home to the Rodenbach brewing family since 1821.
- What it tastes like: Tart cherries, amaretto, sweet malt, sherry, oak, and a touch of vanilla.
- Biggest surprise: This top-ranked brew disappeared for 15 years until its triumphant return due to popular demand!
- Superb mouthfeel: While you sip, you’ll marvel at how Alexander is dry, tightly carbonated, and bright, while still retaining a full-bodied richness on the palate.
- How You’ll Feel While Drinking: As if you’re tucked away in a cozy, warm cafe in Bruges on a rainy afternoon.
- Recommended Recreation: Host a dinner party and replace your fine bottle of Pinot with Alexander -- as the BA Bros say, “Complex is not the word for this beer, better than wine is bold and fitting.”
- Reminds Us Of: Itself. In the world of cherry-infused Sour Ales, there is only one Alexander.
Add your rating on the Tavour app.